- Privacy & Security
Privacy & Security
Thank you for visiting complyfoam.com. Here at Hearing Components, we are committed to protecting the privacy rights of those who visit our site.
Essential Information We Collect
In operating our online store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our online store. This may include information such as the time-stamp of your visit, the last page or product you visited, and/or the indication that you logged in. We do that in order to:
- Remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
- Monitor our website's functionality to maintain the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
- Let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click;
- Remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and
- Control that your data is processed securely.
Order Information You Expressly Provide
When you purchase something from our online store, we will need specific information about you to fully process your order and ship the merchandise you selected. We need your personal data such as your first and last name, your email address and your shipping and billing addresses. We use your contact and order information to send you communication related to the processing of your order, and your addresses for billing and shipping to properly fulfill your order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “checkout page” before letting you finalize your purchase with the payment.
If you have started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, you may have provided partial information during your shopping experience, such as your email. In that case, we might send you an email to remind you about your purchase, to allow you to easily complete the transaction. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you would like to opt-out. Your privacy means a lot to us and we will stop sending you these communications immediately upon receipt of your email.
If you have completed a purchase, we will send you an email to ask you to review the product you purchased. We want to be sure that whether you love your purchase or have feedback to help us make our product better, you can share your opinion with Hearing Components as well as other customers.
We also use some specific information related to your visit, such as the timestamp of your visit, the page or the product you viewed, where you are coming from (if you came to our store because you clicked on an advertisement or you opened our direct link). This is very similar to the “essential information,” but we use it to provide you with a personalized experience. The information on your visit provides us with insights on your interests and allows us to send you relevant communications. We capture this information through cookies, called a "beacon," that we allow you to block through your browser's settings.
How do we process your information?
We use an external provider to run our store, BigCommerce. BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. BigCommerce and Hearing Components are committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield policy here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
Through BigCommerce, we also use other, highly specialized external providers to provide the most competitive services. Each external provider listed below have been verified for GDPR compliance:
- Yotpo: this service sends emails to customers after purchases are completed to gather reviews and feedback on our products
- Olark: Hearing Components uses this live chat feature to provide real time customer service
- Freshdesk: this service allows us to provide customer service throughout the purchase process
- ConvertCart: Hearing Components uses this email marketing service to help our customers complete purchases after leaving our site
- Windsor Circle: this is an email marketing service we use
- MailChimp: this is an email marketing service we use to help promote deals and specials on our products as well as supply consumers with news about our company
- Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), and we are dedicated to utilizing accredited companies with a history of security and fidelity to process your credit card information. [Braintree]
- Shipping: We integrate with a number of shipping companies to fulfill your orders in a timely manner. [DHL and Fedex]
Partnering with highly specialized external companies like the ones listed above allows us to provide safety of information and focus on what we do best: selling great products.
How can you control your personal data?
If you are one of our customers who is in the EU, and we are specifically selling our products to the Member State where you are located, you have specific rights that we are honored to enforce without undue delay: Access, Correct, Erasure, Port, Object. If you cannot exercise your choice on your account page or if you do not have an account with us, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We will be more than happy to help you directly.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep the data you have submitted to our site as long as you have an account with Hearing Components. We also keep some data for possible security investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it.
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
Hearing Components is continually renewing our dedication to comply with legal standards, and in the event of a legal investigation (i.e. fraudulent credit card purchases, etc.), we may be required to hand over data to the proper licensed professionals. We may also keep records for tax reasons for our business to comply with the law and keep our company in good financial and legal standing.
Who can you reach out to for privacy matters?